A light rail network has unique challenges where there are expectations of rail-like performance but in a busy road traffic environment.
To achieve this level of performance, a traffic priority solution is critical to ensure that light rail traffic is free of obstructions while minimising impact to road traffic.
L2iQ has delivered an Australian first light rail priority system for Canberra Metro where priority is provided via the road traffic control system.
We can provide custom designed solutions, integration support and performance modelling and evaluation services. These include the following:
- Development of road traffic priority systems for light rail vehicle.
- Integration and custom programming of road traffic control systems including SCATS.
- Custom intersection traffic controller personality development and testing.
- Developing the strategy and architecture that governs overall priority systems.
- Evaluate trade offs in performance between road and rail traffic and travel times