On behalf of our partner, ARTC, Layer 2 Intelligence have recently been undertaking maintenance of communications sites in the SIA (Main South, Southern Highlands, SSFL and Western) and TAR (Main North) corridors, including shared telecommunications compounds as well as isolated trackside communications huts.
Maintenance activities conducted on site by L2iQ technicians and engineers include:
- battery/rectifier maintenance;
- compound maintenance including trimming and vegetation control;
- compound and tower inspections;
- verification of communications equipment;
- removal (and subsequent disposal) of redundant equipment;
- corrective maintenance as requested;
- collection of photographic documentation of all sites; and
- completion of condition reports and recommended corrective maintenance for each site.